For East Peoria Information:
For Banking Information:
- PNC Banking, Washington Branch
- Address: 1996 Freedom Pkwy, Washington, IL 61571
- Phone: (309) 745-1427
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday (9-5), Sat (10-12)
- They welcome international students and students do not need a social security number to open an account.
- What students need:
- ICC Student ID
- Proof of foreign home address document, or identification
- A document or identification showing a personal ID number assigned to you in your home country. A number assigned to you when you were born or started a job in your home country. It is like a USA Social Security Number.
- Local address. (If live at ICC Campus Housing, it is “100 Nature Trail Lane”. Yes, Apartment # is needed.)
- USA phone number: If you do not have one, you can use Jim Hanes – IFI (309) 620-6681
- At some point, you will need to deposit or wire money into your new account.
- Action on account must be done within first 30 days after opening account.
- You MUST close the account if you no longer need this bank account or permanently move back to home country.
To Obtain a Social Security Card:
USA Social Security Card Application: IT IS FREE! Do not go to false websites that charge a ‘fee’.
General Information: US Social Security Site
Local Address: 815 W Pioneer Pkwy, Peoria, IL 61615
FIRST the CHECKLIST: ***Go to ICC Blackboard
- Click: On the right side: “F-1 International Student Resources”
- Left column “Employment Options”
- “OnCampus Employment Folder”
- Read Blue information process
- Click: “OnCampus Employment Request Form”
- Click: “1-94 card link” and complete
- You will need to complete the link “Form I-9” AFTER you receive your Social Security number/card.
- “SS-5 Social Security Number application”
- Go to ssa.gov Form SS-5 Application for Social Security Card (ssa.gov)
Form SS-5 (Social Security Card application)
- **Either print and handwrite your information OR electronically fill-in info and print it. It has to be printed out. They do NOT accept electronic form submissions at this time. Reminder: A social security card/number is FREE. Do not go to a false website and pay a fee.
- **MUST fill in the Names of Parents section on Application.
- **MUST include your full housing address and FULL apartment # and letter (A,B,C or D). **Address: 100 Nature Trail Lane, Apartment #____, East Peoria, IL 61611
10. MUST have a Job Offer letter from ICC Campus Employer supervisor. Must have anticipated start date of employment. Make sure your name is spelled correctly.
11. Letter from ICC: Social Security Number Request Form from: Crystal West — ICC Enrollment Services Attention: Crystal West or (309) 694-5600 ask for Crystal West. Also: (309) 690-6803 You will come to the mail administrative building (East Peoria Campus), check in at the information desk, and put into the check-in system that you need to speak with Crystal West.
12. Contact Jim Hanes (309-620-6681) or Paula Hanes (309-620-6769) to help schedule your appointment. Jim and Paula have to call to schedule the appointment for you. Appointments are ONLY in the mornings between 9:00am-12:00pm/Noon. Send us a photo of your class schedule. We will look for a 1 + 1/2 hour time block in a morning between 8:30am-12:00Noon. This time block includes transportation and application appointment time.
It is taking 3-4 weeks to get an appointment. Then another 2 weeks to receive the Card/Number. Total of about 5 – 6 weeks.
What students need at the Social Security Office appointment:
- Valid Passport
- I-20 signed/valid from ICC
- I-94 Form. Can be printed through the following link
- Completed and printed Social Security application form SS-5
- Employment job offer letter from Supervisor
- Letter from ICC (Crystal West)
If you have any questions or trouble reaching Crystal West, you can contact:
Interim Dean of Students
Illinois Central College